Mac devices, including MacBooks and iMacs, come with stunning displays. As of now, every Mac that you’d buy from the market boasts a Retina Display. However, one of the collective complaints is that Mac screens attract a lot of dust, dirt, and fingerprints.
When you are a professional who uses screen real estate with maximum color accuracy, this can be an issue. A screen protector can help you to some extent, but you can’t count on that completely. That’s why we have to think about cleaning your Mac screen frequently.
There is a slight problem, though. You can’t use your regular piece of cloth to clean a Mac screen effectively. I mean, there will still be some remaining dust and debris. Also, some kind of cloth can damage your screen, especially if you apply too much pressure. So, how do you find the best way to clean a Mac screen with?
Well, that’s what we are covering in this article. We will be taking a look at some of the best options for Mac cleaning in the market. We’ll also share a few pointers that will help you keep your MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, and iMac cleaner.
- Screen Mom Screen Cleaner Kit is hands down the best Mac screen cleaning kit in the market right now. It’s a simple combination of a microfiber cloth and a spray bottle. The spray bottle removes the dirt, while the microfiber cleans the surface without any damage.
- iKlear iK-26K Complete Cleaning Kit is a dedicated screen cleaning kit for Apple displays, especially iMac. As the name says, it enables complete cleaning using multiple cleaning sprays and microfiber cloths. It’s also a cleaning kit certified and used by Apple Care.
- Giottos AA1900 Rocket Air Blaster is an essential gear that can help you clean the surroundings and hinges of your MacBook/iMac display. As you can guess, you can use this simple gadget to remove dust and debris from your MacBook keyboard as well.
Any of these cleaning kits or a combination of them can change the way you clean your Mac screen.
Who Should Get This?
Are you still wondering who actually needs a dedicated cleaning kit for Mac displays? Well, keep reading.
As we said in the introduction, Mac devices come with incredible display panels. While these panels could handle some fingerprint smudges and dust, that’s not recommended. That is, if you want the display to last long, you should keep it away from dust and debris as much as possible.
Now, this may not be possible for everyone. Suppose you’re into a job that keeps you traveling all the time. You are very likely to find dust and dirt on your MacBook Pro at the end of a day. Similarly, if you spend time at college running between classrooms, you’ll find a lot of dust.
Then, some people work in dust-filled environments. For instance, I live on the fifth floor of a building, and my workspace is always filled with dust. In this case, I have to clean my MacBook Pro screen multiple times a week, which is tough, to be honest.
Long story short, you should get a dedicated Mac screen cleaning system if,
- You expose your MacBook/iMac to a lot of dust
- You want the best color accuracy and no distraction while looking at the screen
- You want to keep the display/hinge perfect at all times
- You love a cleaner display at all times
We’re sure that all of you can relate to at least one of these situations. Even if you can’t, it is always a great idea to keep a screen cleaning kit with you. And, they are so affordable that you don’t have a reason not to buy one.
Best Mac Screen Cleaners: What to Consider in 2020?
You should pay attention to the following factors while choosing a Mac screen cleaner in 2020.
- Effectiveness should be your priority while choosing any cleaning kit. The screen cleaning kit should have a cleaning liquid that effectively deals with dust/dirt/debris on your MacBook Pro/iMac screen. It should be done without damaging the panel as well.
- Quantity of the cleaning kit also matters, depending on your work environment. For instance, if your Mac accumulates a lot of dust, you may have to clean the device once or twice a week. In that case, we recommend cleaning kits that come with some kind of re-fill.
- Contents of the cleaning kit are also crucial while selecting. A typical screen cleaning kit comes with a microfiber cloth and a cleaning solution. However, there are a few products that combine extra tools like a dust blower and a keyboard cleaner.
- Safe cleaning kits can give you peace of mind, especially if you suffer from allergies. Also, you should go for cleaning solutions that are certified by either Apple or other trusted entities in the country so that you don’t harm the display.
Last but not least, a Mac cleaning kit should be easy to use. That is, you must have an easy way to apply the cleaning solution and wipe it off while clearing everything dusty/debris from the screen.
Our Picks: Best Screen Cleaner for Apple Mac in 2020
#1 Screen Mom Screen Cleaner Kit
Screen Mom Screen Cleaner Kit is the easiest choice for everyone who asks what I should clean my Mac with. It’s a straightforward display cleaning kit that comes with 2oz cleaning spray and a microfiber cloth. This one works fine with not just your Mac but also other electronic gadgets like smartphones, HDTVs, Kindles, digital frames, and even your glasses.
Screen Mom is also one of the most trusted brands in the industry. The company says that it has tested the product with all the popular brands, including Apple MacBook and iMac devices. Most reviews confirm the same, which is great. So, you can use this cleaning solution in the way you like without any worries about potential display damage.
It’s also worth noting that Screen Mom Screen Cleaner Kit does not contain any dangerous material, such as alcohol, ammonia, phosphates, etc. More importantly, you don’t have to worry about the stinky smell that many cleaning solutions have. So, you can use this product to clean your Mac screen without making a fuss, for you or the people around you.
We recommend this screen cleaning kit for most users out there. However, the limited capacity of 2oz may be a let-down for advanced users. If you want to clean your Mac multiple times in a month, you have to get higher quantities of the product. Even then, a per-unit price of less than $10 makes it something anyone can buy today.
#2 iKlear iK-26K Complete Cleaning Kit
As the name says, iKlear iK-26K Complete Cleaning Kit is a more complete solution for cleaning the screen of your Mac. This product comes with an increased quantity of cleaning solution as well as multiple options of microfiber cloth. So, depending on the level of cleanliness and control you want, you can make the best pick from the options.
For starters, the iKlear iK-26K Complete Cleaning Kit comes with two spray bottles, one of 2oz and the other of 6oz. You also get a small, medium and large microfiber cloths, one of which is anti-microbial as well. The package also brings a travel-sized microfiber cloth and 12 iKlear travel singles. You can use single-use travel wipes for some extra control.
Unlike our first pick, however, this cleaning kit is officially certified and recommended by Apple. In fact, many Apple Care service centers across the US use this product to clean the screen of Mac and other Apple devices. So, you can stay 100% confident while using this product to clean your MacBook, iMac, iPad, iPhone, or even an Apple Watch.
As you can guess, this product also stays away from harmful chemicals like alcohol and phosphates. In short, the product shows justice to the complete tag in its description. If you have this cleaning kit, you don’t have to purchase another one for office/travel needs. The single-use travel wipes come in handy for a lot of people, so much so that the slightly high price is not an issue.
#3 Giottos AA1900 Rocket Air Blaster
Giottos AA1900 Rocket Air Blaster is not a fully-fledged Mac screen cleaning kit, unlike the tools mentioned above. Instead, we’re looking at an air blower, which becomes very useful while cleaning the screen and the hinges of your MacBook Pro or iMac. Using this product is also very simple since you just have to apply some pressure on the soft end.
You can choose from two size variants of the product, depending on how hard your cleaning goes. It stands upright, and you can keep this accessory on the desk however you like. Compared to other air blasters in the market, this Giottos product has a superior construction quality. So, even if you go an extra step in handling, the product will last.
Indeed, you can use the Giottos AA1900 Rocket Air Blaster to clean other devices like DSLR cameras, lenses, and keyboard. The blower helps you remove dust/debris from any device that you cannot use a cleaning solution or microfiber cloth on. Because it makes the right amount of power, it can remove even a dirtier set of debris.
We recommend getting this air blaster product along with any of the screen cleaning kits we have mentioned above. Even if you don’t plan to get a proper cleaning kit, this simple utility can help you keep your Mac away from dust — which can automatically speed up your Mac, in case you didn’t know.
The next time you wonder what can I clean my MacBook Pro screen with, this tutorial will surely help you to make an informed choice. As you can see, all these products cost less than a fraction of what you spend on a Mac device. So, as we said, you don’t have many reasons not to get one of these cleaning solutions.
At the same time, you should follow some proper etiquette while using a Mac. Exposing the device to a lot of dust is not suitable for not just your Mac display but also other hardware aspects. But, if you are already in a troublesome situation, you can check out these methods.